The first part of this year will be super busy with research, thesis writing, and trying to remain sane so my goals for the year are pretty broad and basic.
- GRADUATE. On time, preferably. I will be even more of a hermit than I normally am at least until April.
- No weekday naps. This is the most difficult goal, since napping is my dealing-with-stress mechanism. However, it doesn’t accomplish anything and I usually end up more stressed out.
- Lose 20 lb. This is weight I have gained back since starting grad school. This will involve calorie counting and keeping up my running. And drinking lots of hot tea as a snack-avoidance technique.
- Use up all the yarn I have. This will free up quite a bit of closet space. Quite a bit. My master plan is to design and knit as many Christmas stockings as I can and sell them in an Etsy shop. If anyone would like to commission one with specific colors + designs, let me know!
- Blog more frequently…at least once a week.
- Knit three sweaters. Besides graduating, this is my biggest goal. I’ve made one sweater before but it was for someone else. I have found more than 3 patterns that I want to make, but obviously I have time and financial constraints. So, I’ll be making the Clarity cardigan (I already have the yarn for this one, I’m trying to finish up some belated Christmas presents before I start), and I’d like to make Faro and Trestle, both of which I want to have and wear RIGHT NOW. I think a time frame of 4 months per sweater is realistic, since that gives me plenty of time to buy yarn and work on them nights/ weekends.
- Get into a PhD program or get a job. I don’t have a ton of control over this, but I’m doing what I can and waiting to hear things :)
- Run another half marathon. I want to find one toward the end of the year to run, but I’ll have to wait until the time is closer and see where I’ll be!
I think I’m being pretty realistic this year. Not feeling too much pressure to check everything off the list, but I’m excited to have things to work toward.
What are your goals?