I haven’t taken many pictures of the things I’ve finished lately, so there’s not much to share on that front, but I want to keep up the blog more consistently so I thought I’d share some of my favorite knitting things!
Favorite Pattern Sources (these are the designers/ sites whose patterns I love and use over and over):
- Pom Pom Quarterly-there is a podcast (which they call a POMcast, haha) to go along with this and the hosts are delightfully British.
- Brooklyn Tweed-I love all their patterns but I am officially obsessed with their baby blanket ones.
- Purl Bee-I was able to visit Purl Soho when I went to New York in March and I adored it! I could’ve stayed for a whole day
Favorite Places to Shop for Yarn Online (my #1 favorite place to shop for yarn is Loopville in Knoxville, but alas, you can’t buy from them online):
- Love Knitting-I had some trouble with a shipment from them recently and their customer service was outstanding).
- Purl Soho-They have their own yarn lines (I’ve tried Flax Down and Line Weight and adore them both) and sell others as well.
- Quince and Co. – Affordable American-made yarn. AMAZING colors.
Favorite Yarn (this is obviously going to change about once a month, but these are the most current):
- Purl Soho Line Weight – it’s like butter.
- John Arbon Textiles Viola – I got this for the sweater I’m designing and It’s better than I could’ve imagined.
- Madelinetosh – I haven’t found a yarn of theirs I DON’T like. Holi Festival is by far my favorite color. Someday I’ll be able to afford enough to make a sweater.
- Woolfolk Far – I want to knit a cocoon of this and live in it forever.
- Knitter’s Pride Karbonz interchangeables (I love them so much I can overlook the ridiculous spelling)
I promise lots of pictures soon! Many socks and hats have been finished, as well as a swatch for my sweater!